Sep 12, 2008

Double Descended

Here is a photo of the Herman August Thorup Family


Herman August Thorup Family

Names from Left to Right and Back to Front:
Back: Christine Veronica Thorup (Rasmussen), Hyrum Emanuel Thorup, Nettie Neilsine Nielsen (Thorup), Joseph Thorup, Clara Romney (Thorup), John Theobald Charles Thorup, Johanna Caroline Ostermann (Thorup), Jensine Jensen (Thorup)
Front: Niels Rasmussen, Lara Augusta Marie Thorup (Rasmussen), Herman August Thorup, Mary or Marie Christine Christensen (Thorup), Herman Frederick Ferdinand Thorup, Anne Christine Anderson (Thorup)

This photo is a special one for my family because we are the descendants of two of Herman August Thorup's Children (Christine Veronica and Herman F. F.). In this family photo we see our ancestry come together.

This summer my sister married into my husband's side of the family and we just had our first huge group family photo with both of us in it. I am going to hold onto this photo for our posterity who will once again be double descendants and double related.

7 comments:

GCOLO said...

Great photo! I hadn't seen many of them, but recognized Jensine and Herman A. right away.

Emily Z said...

Hi! I have NO idea who you are, but we are related! Herman F. F. Thorup is my great great grandfather! I'm descended from his son by Anne Christine Andersen, Herman F., through his daughter Myla, and her daughter, Maurine.

It's amazing how many descendants the man has....

Crazy Mom of 6 said...

I just came across your blog and realized that you have pictures of my family. I am a decedent from Herman August Thorup and so on. Way cool!!!


Wow I am feeling just like Headtrip Honey. Yes a lot of decedent!!

Unknown said...

I also just came across your blog and had never seen this image. Thanks for posting it. It's always great to learn more about our ancestors.

I'm from Herman August Thorup, and Johannes (John) Theobald Charles Thorup, etc...

Sam said...

My Great Great Grandfather was Herman F.F. Throup. His daughter Bertha Throup married my Great Grandfather William Gustav Lindstrom. They had a son named Gale William Lindstrom who is my Grandfather.

Pet Lover Zarek said...

I just love this blog! This is Maurine, Emily's mom. Sam, I knew Aunt Bertha! If I remember correctly, she was a painter. I often thought her and my grandfather, Herman F. Thorup, looked like twins. I remember Uncle Bill (we used to have family reunions at his farm)and Aunt Liza (Eliza) lived just a few blocks from where I grew up. This is way too cool!

Pet Lover Zarek said...

This is Maurine, Emily's mom. Sam, I remember Aunt Bertha! As I remember she was an artist. I remember Aunt Liza (Eliza)who lived a few blocks from where I grew up and Uncle Bill where the Thorups used to hold their family reunions at his farm. This is way too cool!