Oct 15, 2008

Catherine Charlotte Renstrom & Who is "Mantlo"

Catherine Charlotte Renstrom Petersen
Ok all you Renstrom descendants. I need your help on this one. I am seeking "Mantlo" who posted the following on Ancestry.com in July of 2000.

"Katherine Charlotte Renstrom
posted by: Mantlo Posted: 31 Jul 2000 11:12AM

my GGGrandma is Katherine Charlotte Renstrom, daughter of C.J. Renstrom from Stockholm, Sweden. She was born 5 July 1856, died 1882 in Huntsville, Utah. That is absolutely all I know - anyone else know some Renstrom history?"

We are the Huntsville Renstroms! I am anxious to respond but I have no contact information for him/her. From the other posts Mantlo has made I know that Mantlo is a surname in his/her family as well. If anyone knows who I am referring to, please direct them to this site as I have ample family information available.

I will post some of this information here:

This is my reply I posted on Ancestry.com
"The Renstroms of Huntsville are my family. I have recently started a blog where I am collecting family stories if you want to see it www.renstromrecord.blogspot.com. I am interested in where you got your information. I do have family records of a Catherine Charlotte, sister to our ancestor Andrew Pehrsson Renstrom. She was born in Sweden in 1856 and some of her family did settle in Huntsville. I don't have a lot of records on her but I do have genealogy on the family. The rest of the information you gave does not match what I have. We should compare our notes."

I think I know why you are finding it difficult to follow this line.

#1) CJ Renstrom is not the father of Catherine Charlotte from Huntsville. I do know who CJ is. The Huntsville church records list CJ Renstrom as the missionary who baptised this family. His full name is Carl Janson Renstrom.

#2) Her generation is the first to take the name Renstrom. Previously their name followed the pattern of patronymics. Her name was Catherine Charlotte Erickson before she took the name Renstrom. Her Father's name was Eric Pehrsson and his father's name was Pehr Ersson. It is our understanding that when they joined this new Church they all took the name Renstrom after the missionary who had baptised them.

Data on Catherine Charlotte Renstrom:

Born 4 Oct 1856 in Ramsjo, Uppsala, Sweden
Baptised 1872 or 1873
Married 3 July 1876 to Soren Peter Petersen
Died 17 Aug 1880

From the Huntsville Church Records FHL US/CAN Film
25997
:
Soren Peter Peterson is the son of Peter Peterson and Maria
Born 1853 in Denmark
    His Father Peter Peterson is living here as well
      is the son of Peter Thomasen and Mete
      Born Jan 12 1821 in Denmark
    His Mother Maria Peterson is living here as well
      is the daughter of Soren Jensen and Bodel
      Born Oct 9 1823 in Denmark

Soren Peter Peterson's children are also listed
Maria Charlotte Peterson is the daughter of Soren Peter Peterson and Charlotte R.
Born Mar 22 1877 in Huntsville
Louisa Christine Peterson is the daughter of " and "
Born May 28 1878 in Huntsville
John Soren Peterson is the son of " and "
Born Sep 14 1879 in Huntsville

Catherine Charlotte is not listed here and the rest of the family is listed together so she is probably dead at the time of this recording. I will dig into these records a little more and see if I can find an accurate date.

One of her brothers is listed on the bottom of this same page

Eric August P. Renstrom son of Eric Pehrson and Catherine Kristine
Born Nov 8 1860 in Sweden


She was going by Charlotte and living in Huntsville with her spouse and three children and in-laws in the 1880 census recorded on June 3rd:

1880 US Census Soren P. Petersen FamilyPetersen, Soren   White, Male, 27yrs, Married, Farmer, cannot read or write, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark

, Charlotte    White, Female, 25yrs, Married, Wife, Keeping House, born in Sweden, parents born in Sweden

, Mary    White, Female, 4yrs, Daughter, born in Utah

, Louisa    White, Female, 2yrs, Daughter, born in Utah

, John    White, Male, 7 months, born in October, Son, born in Utah

Petersen, Peter    White, Male 59yrs, Married, Farmer, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark

, Mary    White, Female, 57yrs, Wife, Married, Keeping House, born in Denmark, parents born in Denmark

Photos and more records will be posted soon.

1 comment:

DianP said...

Hello, my email address is LavenderTyme@yahoo.com
Catherine Charlotte Erickson or Renstrom was my GGGrandmother. My grandmother on my mothers side was named after her. I remember meeting my GGrandmother just once, Mary or Maria Charlotte, Catherine Charlotte's eldest daughter. Sorry I don't know "Mantlo".